The Hardware is good, but the Software sucks - Update
I have a new GoPro HERO5 Black the hardware is really nice
- Voice Control
- 2-inch Touch Display
- Simple One-Button Control
- Rugged + Waterproof
- 4K Video / 12MP Photo
- USB door stupid hard to open.
- Cannot use camera in time lapse and charge at same time.
But the software has really some problems:
- No RAW support in timelapse mode (Update: This is now possible with the latest firmware update)
- The GPR (RAW) format is an extension to Adobes DNG format, adding enhanced compression.
- Using standard DNG with non-standard "enhanced" compression. Nice, now only Adobe is able to open this images. No Linux tool is at the moment able to open the images.
- The GoPro Desktop and Mobile Apps are only usable with creating an online account.
- The GoPro Developer Program/SDK costs $99/yr
- GoPro use a lot of open source tools, but treads other developers like shit.  https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Open-Source-Software
- You can't update the firmware without a registration
GoPro should really have a look at Yi, they are much more open and have a much better relation to third-party developers. With GoPro I have the feeling , that they are trying to get money from my data after they already got my money for the camera.